Interested to find out more about Filipino food without the recipes? Look here. The site provides an alphabetized listing of anything and everything about Filipino food.
Try to see if the listing includes the following Philippine delicacies more often found in the streets of the Metro:
1. Balut - duck egg with the little duckling still cuddled inside the shell.
2. Adidas - chicken feet, steamed in dark soy sauce and vinegar with lots of garlic and ground pepper
3. Kwek kwek - quail eggs on a stick
4. Tok ne ne - chicken egg on a stick
5. Inihaw na Pusit - coal grilled baby squids dipped in spicy vinegar
6. Squid balls - Corned squid dipped in flour and deep fried also use spicy vinegar dip
These are all I could think of tonight.
And do you think that guy from the Discovery cooking channel can pay the Philippines a visit to feature any or all of these in his cable show?
I was supposed to upload a balut image but changed my mind.