Top Ten Anti-Aging Food
When taken as a healthy serving
1. Avocados in salads or dessert made with cream and muscovado sugar (cold or frozen)
2. Berries specially fresh strawberries and blueberries as pastry topping
3. Broccoli, steamed
4. Cabbage as coleslaw
5. Carrots in veggie and chicken breast dishes
6. Grapefruit as in fresh grapefruit juice
7. Grapes preferably local (for us Filipinos) to minimize pesticides
8. Onions for anything as in sweet potato top and chicken potato salads, and naturally anything that requires sauteeing.
9. Garlic also as in sauteeing or as prime ingredient of marinades
10.Tomatoes in salads, sauteed dishes.
1. avocado - Carotenoid lutein and beta-carotene, unsaturated fats to build healthy HDL, beta carotene and nearly 20 minerals and vitamins
2.strawberries - Vitamin C, folate, fiber, potassium and antioxidants; blueberries contain the highest antioxidant activity
3.broccoli - Major anti-cancer food contain indoles, which can help inactivate harmful estrogens that can promote the growth of tumors, sulforaphane, which stimulates cells to produce cancer-fighting enzymes, and beta-carotene, another cancer fighter; also rich in calcium, iron and magnesium
4.cabbage - Rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin C
5.carrots - Contains a high concentration of beta-carotene, a substance that is converted to vitamin A in the human body, dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and manganese, and a good source of vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, potassium and copper
6.grapefruit - A low-calorie food and an excellent source of vitamin C, a good source of inositol and a member of the vitamin B complex
7.grapes - preferably table grapes because of its low acidity and sugar content, other varieties may contain sugar. Collectively, grapes are fat-free, saturated fat free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free
8.onions - Sodium, fat, and cholesterol free, and provide dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and other key nutrients; contain generous amounts of a flavonoid called quercetin which provides protection against many chronic illnesses; protects against cataracts, cardiovascular disease, and cancer and has naturally occurring chemicals known as organosulfur compounds that have been linked to lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels
9. garlic - Particularly aged garlic can have a powerful antioxidant effect; antioxidants help to protect the body against damaging free radicals; also excellent source of manganese, vitamin B6 and vitamin C, protein and thiamin (vitamin B1) as well as the minerals phosphorous, selenium, calcium, potassium, iron and copper; assist in managing high cholesterol levels, said to be beneficial to the cardiovascular system; best when raw and crushed or very finely chopped
10.tomatoes - Good source of potassium, B- carotene (vitamin A) and vitamin C; contain lycopene, the carotenoid pigment that turns tomatoes to red may help to prevent some forms of cancer by lessening the damage caused by free radicals; contains P3, which prevents platelet clots that help prevent heart diseases and strokes.