Mascarpone Strawberry Cake

Still posting on what I prepared for my cousin Marguerite. For our dessert, she helped me prepare, this delicious custard cake cum strawberries. The strawberries were brought home by a son who had a brief rest from work in Baguio. And the broas my cousin brought from her trip in Bohol. I thought broas exclusively came from Iloilo. Doesn't matter where it came from, really.

The recipe

32 pcs broas

1/2 cup marsala
15 pcs strawberries, halved
extra strawberries for decoration

Mascarpone custard
4 tbsp custard powder
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
400 gm mascarpone cheese

First make a custard by combining custard powder, sugar, milk, cream and vanilla flavoring in a saucepan. Whisk until mixture becomes smooth. Cook over very, very low heat. Set aside to cool. Fold mascarpone into cooled custard and then set aside. Now, line a 23 cmx9inch baking pan with a non stick baking paper and line the base with half the broas. Sprinkle with half the marsala, then top with the halved strawberries and half the custard. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up. Cover with food wrapper and then refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until the cake is set. Remove cake from pan. Decorate with remaining strawberry halves.

Oh my gosh there goes my metabolic syndrome:-)


This is not the cake I made. I just borrowed it from Google images. Thanks to Google.



Popular posts from this blog

Tora Bika Cappuccino

MSG in most coffee blends?

Pininyahang Manok cooked Marikina style