Is Barbie cooking now?

When I was young I did not have the privilege of owning Barbie dolls. Because aside from not being available locally at that time I think, we could not have afforded it. Later, when I got me my own daughter growing up in what I can now consider a Barbie doll generation, she was lucky enough to receive a couple; from me, from my friends and from relatives. I recall getting her an expensive set, complete with all those curlers and mini make-ups, with wigs and various other girly accessories. There were other models , she owned, those that included Barbie's boyfriend, Ken I think, it was and Barbie's other playmate dolls. I am not sure. Oh well.

The first Barbie doll was launched by Mattel its maker, in March 1959. She "wore a black and white zebra striped swimsuit and signature topknot ponytail, and was available as either a blonde or brunette. The doll was marketed as a 'Teen-age Fashion Model,' with her clothes created by Mattel fashion designer Charlotte Johnson. The first Barbie dolls were manufactured in Japan, with their clothes hand-stitched by Japanese homeworkers. Around 350,000 Barbie dolls were sold during the first year of production".

Now there's all kinds of Barbie: Barbie in Disney character costumes like Bat and Cat woman , vintage, standards, bubble cut, etc. There's a Barbie for everyone. They even have those that wear Filipino costumes which are expensive from what I heard. I think these Barbies are the collectibles.

And now because cooking as a career has reached its popular status, there's now the Barbie the celebrity chef playset.


"Barbie has held down many careers, but a go-go boots-wearing celebrity chef with ample counter space, professional lighting, and "magical" oven?"

Whatever career path is in, Barbie manages to there.

By the way, "it is estimated that over a billion Barbie dolls have been sold worldwide in over 150 countries, with Mattel claiming that 3 Barbie dolls are sold every second".

Popular posts from this blog

Tora Bika Cappuccino

MSG in most coffee blends?

Pininyahang Manok cooked Marikina style