Two things to remember - phytoestrogen food and exercise

I have long realized that what ever I am doing right now to help complete my healing process is not enough. So, today I vow to never forget these two important things:

1. I must increase the production of serotonin, dopamine and endorphins in my body. Serotonin is a a chemical that the brain manufactures that leads to a calming effect. It creates a sense of satisfaction and well-being, something everyone would want to enjoy. Endorphins, on the other hand "decrease pain, reduce stress, cause mood stability and a sense of happiness and joy"; while dopamine "increase vitality, concentration and alertness".

In order to increase my body's natural production of serotonin, dopamine and endorphins, I MUST exercise, ideally for about 30 to 40 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week. Weight bearing exercises and strength training are two of the most effective ways of physical activities that would be good for me. I should never forget that exercise will keep me "fit, trim and feeling younger and energetic".

2. Increase my intake of phytoestrogen rich foods. This means eating more soy. "Soy foods contain isoflavones (natural plant estrogen) that have similar properties to human estrogen. Soy can also help prevent conditions such as osteoporosis, heart attack, stroke and breast cancer". Studies have shown that "soy can prevent these diseases by helping the body absorb and retain calcium, inhibit bone loss, lower LDL (the bad) cholesterol and decrease blood clotting".

Popular posts from this blog

Tora Bika Cappuccino

MSG in most coffee blends?

Pininyahang Manok cooked Marikina style