Pancit Canton with Chinese Sausage and Olive Oil

This is one breakfast and dinner dish I prepared recently. This is my own version of a pancit canton recipe which I have cooked and concocted in countless ways based on what ingredients are available at the time of cooking. I used chinese sausage as flavor enhancer since I didn't have anything in the fridge; no chicken, no pork, no seafood.

It turned out okey, according to my partner. He normally eats a hearty breakfast.

For awhile back, during younger days,  his breakfast was a cup of black coffee. That's it. Over the years, I convinced him that breakfast was the most important meal of the day. It doesn't matter if you just eat  fruits for lunch. But it is a MUST to eat a nutritious breakfast.

My version of pancit canton was complete in terms of balance. Look here:

250 gms pancit canton package
3 pcs chinese sausage, diced
2 cups diced cabbage
1 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup kinchay
1/2 cup onions
1/2 cup green onions for garnish
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup soy sauce
chicken broth (if available) otherwise water is enough
1/8 vegetable oil
1/8 olive oil
salt to taste
fresh milled black pepper
lemon


Heat oil. Saute garlic and then onions.  Add sausage, soy sauce and water. Stir. Add carrots, cabbage, kinchay. Slightly simmer. Veggies must not be overcooked. Add pancit canton noodles.  At this point noodle mixture is soaked in soy sauce and water. Add salt to taste.  Then  freshly milled pepper.  Garnish with green onions.

I add olive oil  just before I remove the pancit dish from the cooking pan  to dilute the not so good cholesterol (chinese sausage) inherent  in the dish. Olive oil provides HDL.  And to make it perfect, I use lemon instead of  kalamansi to dissipate the oily taste and feel on the mouth.

Cheers!


 

Popular posts from this blog

Tora Bika Cappuccino

MSG in most coffee blends?

Pininyahang Manok cooked Marikina style